The course every women should do. Discover the Feldenkrais method with Practitioner Marilla Homes who will lead a day of discovering more about your pelvic floor, and how to get it healthy and keep it functional, using the Feldenkrais Method as the basis.
The day will include:
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement lessons (ATMs) to improve skeletal posture, awareness of our selves in space, and internally, and methods to use in an ongoing basis after the workshop
- Basic understanding of our anatomy and physiology as it relates to the function of the pelvic floor
- Normal and abnormal functioning of pelvic floor muscles and nerves
- Discovering your current baseline of awareness of your pelvic floor and nervous system
- Exploring the relationship of the sphincter muscles throughout the body
- Exercises and methods learned during the workshop can be practised for years to come!
Please bring a blanket or towel to lie on, and another to cover yourself if you get cold easily and wear comfortable clothes. Much of the day will be spent lying on the floor.
There will be a lunch break, you can either bring your own lunch or make use of the local cafes.
The Feldenkrais Method of Somatic Education was developed by Moshe Feldenkrais. It has many applications, from assisting rehabilitation after stroke, injury or surgery, to improving the performance of elite athletes, dancers, singers, actors, instrumentalists and performers.
Feldenkrais is a gentle method of developing our awareness of self, of habits and patterns, and how these patterns can interfere with every day function and ease of movement. Through investigating patterns of movement and deepening our understanding of how life experiences shape and condition our movement and abilities, we develop a finer awareness and proprioception and the capacity to choose how we respond to stimuli and habits. This can improve posture, quality and ease of movement, enjoyment of life, and retrain the nervous system, by using small, gentle movements, made with awareness and attention to detail, while staying within the range of comfort.
“Anything you are good at, you can get better at.” - Marilla Homes
“Make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy elegant”
Good for Every oman to Know, Understand and Connect With.