Covid 19 & The Boring Legal Stuff
I'm thrilled to announce we are going Green. After a lot of research we are thrilled to be using Killi's of Sheffield for our products. Their range of sustainable anti bacterial cleaning technology is revolutionary.
Zoono which provides longterm mono molecular protective layer on all surfaces for upto one month.
Tersano’s patented lotus PRO cleaning sanitising system turns ordinary tap water into the world’s most effective chemical free cleaner and sanitiser by infusing it with the ozone. Aqueous ozone eliminates germs and other contaminants on any item or surface before changing back into water and oxygen.
The air that we breath is now at the forefront of our minds and because of this Power of Yoga has installed a new ventilation system along with ionisation purifier filtration to clean and purify the air. The technology removes and eliminates the risk of contamination from airborne viruses.
To obtain optimal clean air flow the air purifying unit will be on constantly. If the studio needs heat or cold the ventilation system will be used prior to and at the end of each session. Windows will be open during the session. this will enable us to achieve perfect ambient room temperature.
FRESH AIR & VENTILATION we will be having the windows open during the sessions so please please wear lots of layers and dont forget your socks and blanket for relaxtion.
Lets face it who likes partner Yoga ?
The remodelling of the studio has allowed us to create a one way system with more room to enter and leave the studio.
Two meter markings (floor stickrs) will be visable on the stairs and in reception. Please respect peoples space.
At the top of the stairs turn left into our new reception. Remove your shoes and place all your belongings in the box provided. Sanitise your hands with our Zoono 24hour protection hand sanitiser.
At the top of the stairs turn left into our new reception. Remove your shoes and place all your belongings in the box provided. Sanitise your hands with our Zoono 24hour protection hand sanitiser. The teacher will tell you which mat to use, through our new door into the studio.
Please collect your belongings and exit the building feeling totally relaxed, holding on to the post Yoga feel.
You will be required to wear your mask as you enter and leave the studio. You will be able to remove your mask if you wish whilst doing Yoga. Our teachers will follow the same procedure and will not wear a mask whilst teaching.
Our decision to not wear mask is: as it inhibits the natural flow of your breath, therefore reducing the effectiveness of stretching, strengthening and neutralising stress. The choice is always yours and if you wish to wear a mask/ visor you can.
Whilst many studio are asking you to bring your own equipment. Power of Yoga has taken the decision to continue to use our own mats and limited equipement. This enables us to ensure that the mats are cleaned/ sanitised with quality products. Students will clean down their own mat and any equipment used afrer use.
If you wish to bring your own mat & equipment it is imperative that it is cleaned prior to bringing to the studio and after each session. This adheres to our strict cleaning policy @Power of Yoga.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BLANKET for relaxation and to double up as knee support and for seated postures.
This will end and whilst we adjust to our new world lets embrace what the last year has taught us.
We are social creatures and we need social interaction and human contact, connection & community, The importance of our physical health, mental health and well being is recognised now even more as we emerge form this pandemic.
Come Join Us in our Clean, Safe & Beautiful Space.
Please Read at Your Leisure or do Some Yoga Instead
Glofox Booking System
Glofox Online Booking:
Memberships; Warrior One/ Warrior Two/ Warrior Three
Membership Packages are booked and paid for online via our secure sites Glofox and GoCardles (24 week AUTO RENEW ). On your first booking with us you will need to:
- First you will need to Register with Glofox booking system @Power of Yoga Studio.
- Use the Register/ Login link found on our Membership & Bookings page.
- Selecting a Membership package that suits your needs and lifestyle.
- Set up a bank mandate with Go Cardless, make sure you click DONE.
- Then RESELECT your mebership type and purchase the membership.
One Off Payments; Class Pass/ Specialist Programmes/ Workshops
- First you will need to Register with Glofox booking system @Power of Yoga Studio.
- Use the Register/ Login link found on our Membership & Bookings page.
- Select one of the following Class Pass/ Specialist Programmes or Workshop.
- Purcahse via secure site Stripe.
Attendance / Changing a class: If you are unable to attend and want to change a class Power of Yoga requires at least 4 hours notice. You can change your class online by logging onto your account.
- The system is programmed to lock out 4 hours before your class which results in you losing that class. Any change of class / catch up sessions must be taken before your 24 week AUTO RENEW membership.
- Non attendance: will also result in forfeiting that class.
- Please consider others and if you no longer require your space PLEASE CANCEL as soon as possible, so the wait list is activated and someone else can take your place.
- AUTO RENEW MEMBERSHIP Warrior One, Two & Three run for 24 weeks on AUTO RENEW. You can cancel auto renew at the end of your 24 week period.
- Holidays: Please inform us of any holidays or simply cancel your session for the duration of your holiday.
- Month of August Power of Yoga reduces its timetable in August due to so many students and teachers taking holidays. We aim to provide enough session to cope with demand.
For Your Information
Power of Yoga offers a number of packages different rules will apply:
Warrior One :Recommended for those who want to practise yoga once a week. These can be taken weekly or added together taken with each payment (every 4 weeks ).Experience different styles, different teachers, or stick to your favourite weekly session. 10% off Workshops. 24 weeks minimum membership. AUTO RENEW via GoCardless.Together we do Yoga.
Warrior Two :Recommended for those who want to practise yoga twice a week. These can be taken weekly or added together taken with each payment (every 4 weeks ) Experience different styles, different teachers, or stick to your favourite weekly session. 10% off Workshops. 24 weeks minimum membership. AUTO RENEW via GoCardless.Together we do Yoga.
Warrior Three :Recommended for those who want to practise yoga three times a week. These can be taken weekly or added together taken with each payment (every 4 weeks ) Experience different styles, different teachers, or stick to your favourite weekly session. 10% off Workshops. 24 weeks minimum membership. AUTO RENEW via GoCardless. Together we do Yoga.
8 Class Pass: The choice is yours, to use your 8 sessions however suits you and your lifestyle. Choose one a week, two, or more you have 12 weeks to decide. Experience different styles, different teachers, or stick to your favourite weekly session. Payments via Stripe. Together we do Yoga.
One to One / Family Bubbles :Private sessions allow for a more intimate view into your practise. You can start a new practise, deepen your current practise or spend some time working on an injury or specific goal or concern. Taking a one off, or a series of private sessions is an investment for your personal growth. Careful planning ensures there is systematic and individual approach to each session. If you are feeling generous or want to share the cost family Bubbles are welcome. One off payments via Stripe
Specialist Programmes: Prices will vary acording to each Specilaist /Duration & Format. One off payments via Stripe. registaration will be required via Glofox booking System
Workshops :Prices will vary acording to each Specilaist /Duration & Format. One off payments via Stripe. registaration will be required via Glofox booking System
Non Members Are Welcome to Join Us You will need to register with Glofox prior to booking and Specialist programmes and or Workshops.
Power of Yoga requests that all students cancel as early as possible respecting fellow students, allowing spaces to be created if they are no longer required.
Terms & Conditions
Term and Conditions
Return / Refund Policy Payment for all classes must be received 7 days prior to the scheduled class date to ensure your mat. Cancellations within 7 days will not be refunded. Cancellations prior to 7 days will receive a credit towards a future class based on availability and similar cost.
Privacy & Security Policy: Commitment to Data Security Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings. Power of Yoga will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organisation.
Cancellation of Classes: Occasionally due to sickness or other reasons beyond our control, classes may need to be cancelled. Power of Yoga has a number of substitute yoga but if one cant be found due to late notice, we will notify you, where possible, before the class starts. Power of Yoga takes responsibility for these cancellations and will endeavour to offer you an alternative.
Adverse Weather Conditions class/ classes will be cancelled if deem unsafe for teachers and students travelling to the studio. Power of Yoga will inform you prior to the start of the session.
Liability Information: published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that Power of Yoga may alter the information on its web site from time to time. Power of Yoga shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. Power of Yoga does not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. Power of Yoga exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission. .
Power of Yoga will use the information you provide when booking to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please click Subscribe to stay in touch .
Power of Yoga is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data including, in particular, the data of our employees, and actual and potential clients/customers of our services.
This policy applies to the personal data of all such persons.
Data Protection Principles
• Power of Yoga processes personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
• Power of Yoga processes personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
• Power of Yoga collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
• Power of Yoga processes personal data only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
• Power of Yoga keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay.
• Power of Yoga keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
• Power of Yoga adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Power of Yoga tells individuals the reasons for processing their personal data, how it uses such data and the legal basis for processing in its privacy notices. It will not process personal data of individuals for other reasons. Where Power of Yoga relies on its legitimate interests as the basis for processing data, it will carry out an assessment to ensure that those interests are not overridden by the rights and freedoms of individuals.
The Legal Basis on Which We Hold Personal Data
We hold personal data under the following permitted reasons provided by the GDPR- so one of these reasons will apply to your data:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for Power of Yoga to process their personal data for a specific purpose, for example: the client has input their details via Bookmyclass to attend our studio and make use of our services or where the client has signed up to our newsletter.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a membership contract Power of Yoga has with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life, for example, next of kin data / emergency contact data in case of emergency.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
As a data subject, individuals have a number of rights in relation to their personal data.Subject access requests. Individuals have the right to make a subject access request. If an individual makes a subject access request, Power of Yoga will tell him/her:
• whether or not his/her data is processed and if so why, the categories of personal data concerned and the source of the data if it is not collected from the individual;
• to whom his/her data is or may be disclosed, including to recipients located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and the safeguards that apply to such transfers;
• for how long his/her personal data is stored (or how that period is decided);
• his/her rights to rectification or erasure of data, or to restrict or object to processing;
• his/her right to complain to the Information Commissioner if he/she thinks Power of Yoga has failed to comply with his/her data protection rights; and
• whether or not Power of Yoga carries out automated decision-making and the logic involved in any such decision-making.
Power of Yoga will also provide the individual with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. This will normally be in electronic form if the individual has made a request electronically, unless he/she agrees otherwise.
To make a subject access request, the individual should send the request to [email protected]
In some cases, Power of Yoga may need to ask for proof of identification before the request can be processed. Power of Yoga will inform the individual if it needs to verify his/her identity and the documents it requires.
Power of Yoga will normally respond to a request within a period of one month from the date it is received. In some cases, such as where Power of Yoga processes large amounts of the individual's data, it may respond within three months of the date the request is received. Power of Yoga will write to the individual within one month of receiving the original request to tell him/her if this is the case.
If a subject access request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, Power of Yoga is not obliged to comply with it. Alternatively, Power of Yoga can agree to respond but will charge a fee, which will be based on the administrative cost of responding to the request. A subject access request is likely to be manifestly unfounded or excessive where it repeats a request to which Power of Yoga has already responded. If an individual submits a request that is unfounded or excessive, Power of Yoga will notify him/her that this is the case and whether or not it will respond to it.
Individuals have a number of other rights in relation to their personal data. They can require Power of Yoga to:
• rectify inaccurate data;
• stop processing or erase data that is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• stop processing or erase data if the individual's interests override Power of Yoga legitimate grounds for processing data (where Power of Yoga relies on its legitimate interests as a reason for processing data);
• stop processing or erase data if processing is unlawful; and
• stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or if there is a dispute about whether or not the individual's interests override Power of Yoga legitimate grounds for processing data.
To ask Power of Yoga to take any of these steps, the individual should send the request to [email protected]
Power of Yoga takes the security of personal data seriously. Power of Yoga has internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.
If Power of Yoga discovers that there has been a breach of personal data that poses a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, it will report it to the Information Commissioner within 72 hours of discovery. Power of Yoga will record all data breaches regardless of their effect.
Individuals are responsible for helping Power of Yoga keep their personal data up to date. Individuals should let Power of Yoga know if data provided to Power of Yoga changes, for example if an individual moves house or changes his/her bank details.
Teachers and Director
Power of YogaTeachers and Directors may have access to the personal data of other individuals / clients in the course of their work at the Studio. Where this is the case, Power of Yoga relies on the individual Teacher to help meet its data protection obligations for clients, as outlined below.
Power of Yoga Director and Teachers who have access to personal data are required:
• to access only data that they have authority to access and only for authorised purposes;
• not to disclose data except to individuals (whether inside or outside Power of Yoga) who have appropriate authorisation;
• to keep data secure (for example by complying with these rules on access to data, secure password protection, secure login of the bookmyclass site for Power of Yoga purposes, and not storing any client data);
• not to remove personal data, or devices containing or that can be used to access personal data, from Power of Yoga premises without adopting appropriate security measures (such as encryption or password protection) to secure the data and the device;
• not to store personal data on local drives or on personal devices that are used for work purposes; and
• to report data breaches of which they become aware to Louise Power, Founder, Power of Yoga, immediately. [email protected]
Failing to observe these requirements may lead to dismissal of the Teacher from Power of Yoga schedule. Significant or deliberate breaches of this policy, such as accessing employee or customer data without authorisation or a legitimate reason to do so, may constitute gross misconduct and could lead to dismissal without notice.
You can change your mind at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email you receive from us, or by contacting [email protected] Power of Yoga will treat all your information with respect.