Power of Yoga will use the information you provide when booking to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please click Subscribe to stay in touch .
Power of Yoga is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data including, in particular, the data of our employees, and actual and potential clients/customers of our services.
This policy applies to the personal data of all such persons.
Data Protection Principles
• Power of Yoga processes personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
• Power of Yoga processes personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
• Power of Yoga collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
• Power of Yoga processes personal data only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
• Power of Yoga keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay.
• Power of Yoga keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
• Power of Yoga adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Power of Yoga tells individuals the reasons for processing their personal data, how it uses such data and the legal basis for processing in its privacy notices. It will not process personal data of individuals for other reasons. Where Power of Yoga relies on its legitimate interests as the basis for processing data, it will carry out an assessment to ensure that those interests are not overridden by the rights and freedoms of individuals.
The Legal Basis on Which We Hold Personal Data
We hold personal data under the following permitted reasons provided by the GDPR- so one of these reasons will apply to your data:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for Power of Yoga to process their personal data for a specific purpose, for example: the client has input their details via Bookmyclass to attend our studio and make use of our services or where the client has signed up to our newsletter.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a membership contract Power of Yoga has with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life, for example, next of kin data / emergency contact data in case of emergency.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for Power of Yoga legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
As a data subject, individuals have a number of rights in relation to their personal data.Subject access requests. Individuals have the right to make a subject access request. If an individual makes a subject access request, Power of Yoga will tell him/her:
• whether or not his/her data is processed and if so why, the categories of personal data concerned and the source of the data if it is not collected from the individual;
• to whom his/her data is or may be disclosed, including to recipients located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and the safeguards that apply to such transfers;
• for how long his/her personal data is stored (or how that period is decided);
• his/her rights to rectification or erasure of data, or to restrict or object to processing;
• his/her right to complain to the Information Commissioner if he/she thinks Power of Yoga has failed to comply with his/her data protection rights; and
• whether or not Power of Yoga carries out automated decision-making and the logic involved in any such decision-making.
Power of Yoga will also provide the individual with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. This will normally be in electronic form if the individual has made a request electronically, unless he/she agrees otherwise.
To make a subject access request, the individual should send the request to [email protected]
In some cases, Power of Yoga may need to ask for proof of identification before the request can be processed. Power of Yoga will inform the individual if it needs to verify his/her identity and the documents it requires.
Power of Yoga will normally respond to a request within a period of one month from the date it is received. In some cases, such as where Power of Yoga processes large amounts of the individual's data, it may respond within three months of the date the request is received. Power of Yoga will write to the individual within one month of receiving the original request to tell him/her if this is the case.
If a subject access request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, Power of Yoga is not obliged to comply with it. Alternatively, Power of Yoga can agree to respond but will charge a fee, which will be based on the administrative cost of responding to the request. A subject access request is likely to be manifestly unfounded or excessive where it repeats a request to which Power of Yoga has already responded. If an individual submits a request that is unfounded or excessive, Power of Yoga will notify him/her that this is the case and whether or not it will respond to it.
Individuals have a number of other rights in relation to their personal data. They can require Power of Yoga to:
• rectify inaccurate data;
• stop processing or erase data that is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• stop processing or erase data if the individual's interests override Power of Yoga legitimate grounds for processing data (where Power of Yoga relies on its legitimate interests as a reason for processing data);
• stop processing or erase data if processing is unlawful; and
• stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or if there is a dispute about whether or not the individual's interests override Power of Yoga legitimate grounds for processing data.
To ask Power of Yoga to take any of these steps, the individual should send the request to [email protected]
Power of Yoga takes the security of personal data seriously. Power of Yoga has internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.
If Power of Yoga discovers that there has been a breach of personal data that poses a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, it will report it to the Information Commissioner within 72 hours of discovery. Power of Yoga will record all data breaches regardless of their effect.
Individuals are responsible for helping Power of Yoga keep their personal data up to date. Individuals should let Power of Yoga know if data provided to Power of Yoga changes, for example if an individual moves house or changes his/her bank details.
Teachers and Director
Power of YogaTeachers and Directors may have access to the personal data of other individuals / clients in the course of their work at the Studio. Where this is the case, Power of Yoga relies on the individual Teacher to help meet its data protection obligations for clients, as outlined below.
Power of Yoga Director and Teachers who have access to personal data are required:
• to access only data that they have authority to access and only for authorised purposes;
• not to disclose data except to individuals (whether inside or outside Power of Yoga) who have appropriate authorisation;
• to keep data secure (for example by complying with these rules on access to data, secure password protection, secure login of the bookmyclass site for Power of Yoga purposes, and not storing any client data);
• not to remove personal data, or devices containing or that can be used to access personal data, from Power of Yoga premises without adopting appropriate security measures (such as encryption or password protection) to secure the data and the device;
• not to store personal data on local drives or on personal devices that are used for work purposes; and
• to report data breaches of which they become aware to Louise Power, Founder, Power of Yoga, immediately. [email protected]
Failing to observe these requirements may lead to dismissal of the Teacher from Power of Yoga schedule. Significant or deliberate breaches of this policy, such as accessing employee or customer data without authorisation or a legitimate reason to do so, may constitute gross misconduct and could lead to dismissal without notice.
You can change your mind at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email you receive from us, or by contacting [email protected] Power of Yoga will treat all your information with respect.